[DeTomaso] Doc Abe Averages 118 Mph at Bonneville 100 Saturday - Congratulations Doc!!!!!

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 20:58:18 EDT 2007

Joe "Doc" Abe, called me on his way home from Wendover, Utah, to say he and his Pantera  finished the 2-way 100 mile run at the B-100 averaging 118 Mph in the Touring Division on Saturday.  He also completed the 1,450 round trip drive from home driving his Pantera all the way.

  You can see some of the course video in corners on the MKM Racing web site www.openroadracing.com. The course has some challenging turns and elevation changes.

  Doc mentioned he had planned to enter Grand Touring Division (140 Mph) but forgot before he got to Tech Inspection that his harness was more then 3 years old so he got dumbed down in speed to Touring.  He gave a real short race report but said race conditions were near perfect with no wind or heat.

  He also mentioned Mike Borders was the big gun with his X-winston cup M&M cup car averaging 187 Mph which is damned impressive on a 2-lane crowned road with elevation changes and real turns. And my favorite race car and driver this weekend was again Charlie Friend in Charlie's '65 Corvair who finally exceeded 200 mph hitting 201 Mph in the radar trap for the first time, Charlie has consistently averaged 160-170 mph in the past in that Corvair. Charlie went off the Silver State road 3 years ago after a rear tire blow-out at about 160 and totaled his Corvair so it was a big deal seeing Charlie return earlier in May with a new Corvair when Jason, Eliot and I ran at the NORC.

  Right now Doc is on a serious ORR campaign. He's planning to  run the MKM Gamblers Run in July and the Pony Express in August and join us back at the Silver State in September.

  Way to go Doc. Very proud of you.
  P.S. Don't forget to change out your harness! ;-]>

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com