[DeTomaso] CONDENSER UPGRADE - PHOTOS

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 21:20:47 EDT 2007

 Mark,

You're quite right, static pressure doesn't say very much.? But if my readings

had been both 20 or so, that would have told me of a low freon level.

Two years ago I removed the screen from the expansion valve, and it

was clean. Replaced it as it was.? The orifice tube system is on later

Fords, not our Panteras - but they perform the same purpose.

I have not flushed the system.? To do so really means taking the entire

system apart.? Especially critical for the expansion valve screen, as the

flushing can break lose debris, which the screen would then trap,

which would - as you mentioned - cause system ills.

As Steve pointed out, I found there IS a sight glass hidden under the

painted tape, and I'll be running the system and see what that tells me.?

I suspect I'm going to bleed in a little more Freon later this week to see

what happens to the vent temps.

By the way, I just won some eBay R12 Freon - $97 total to-my-door

cost for 9 (nine) 14oz cans.? :-)

Larry