[DeTomaso] Amsoil

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jun 4 22:38:16 EDT 2007

I used it for years as well.  I stopped once synthetic blends started
appearing on the shelves of Napa, at a lower price, or at least more
readily available.  Like most pyramid schemes, you had to find a dealer,
problem was, the dealer you had one month might have decided to go back
to a real job the next.  Here in Spokane, I think we have one huge
direct but he still only has a very small shop.

I think it made a world of difference in the Mach I for those younger
years when I drove it every day, including the dead of winter, with
eight inches of snow and below freezing temperatures.  The car was
always parked outside.  When below freezing, I'd plug in a block heater,
but for the most part, it always started well, ran well and really kept
the engine clean.  When I changed heads on it some 50k miles into my
first rebuild, the insides looked like a brand new engine.  The stuff
was great, and it was purple.  (not that that had anything to do with
it, it was just kind of cool to be purple and not brown)

I think I still have some out in the shed.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA