[DeTomaso] Car related laugh for the day, LPC (Little Pantera Content)

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 03:44:28 EDT 2007

I think you're doing pretty well.

My first engine rebuild was a 429 in a 68 T-Bird.  This was our first one
(we = me + my dad and brother).  We broke a piston ring and cracked the
bellhousing on the transmission in the process.  It was a learning
experience.  Considering it was our first time, we did okay.

Everyone has been there.  Even once we're "experienced" we still sometimes
get stumped or worse yet do stupid things.

You're right about the computers.  The new cars can still be diagnosed, but
you sometimes need a computer to talk to the computer.  Our Porsche mechanic
was explaining about how a software program costs something like $40,000
from Porsche.  The software is used to update the codes for the Mass Airflow
Sensor.  He told us to take it to the Porsche dealer because he couldn't
justify the expense.

Will.