[DeTomaso] AAAAAAARGH!!!!!

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 3 18:12:49 EDT 2007

I vote for the starter solenoid/relay.

I've mentioned this before. The starter relays available these days are
crap.  Either use a mini starter that has an integral relay or get one from
a Ford dump truck (or maybe a big diesel, F350, F700, etc.).  They work the
same way as a standard relay, but they aren't cheap Taiwan crap.

To test your relay, you could run a jumper cable from the starter side of
the relay to the battery side of the relay (while the car is in neutral of
course).  If it cranks, it's the relay.

Will.