[DeTomaso] Pocono Celebration of Speed and Design

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 22:11:37 EDT 2007

Outstanding effort...Way to go Tony.

  md

tony DiGiovanna <tonydigi at optonline.net> wrote:
  To DeTomaso List and POCA Chapter Presidents on blind copy:
This past weekend Jersey Panteras along with the local Ferrari, Maserati,
Lamborghini, Viper, and Corvette clubs held another highly successful Pocono
CSD event. Two days at Pocono Manor and two days at Pocono Raceway. We had
quite a good turnout of Panteras at the Concours: Twenty nine Panteras and
a bunch of related cars, like one Ford GT, two replica GT40s, two Qvale
Mangustas, a turbo Noble, etc. Jersey Panteras members as far as Canada,
South Carolina, and Tennessee were in attendance. Kirk Evans drove in from
MI to mingle and talk Panteras. We had the largest paddock of all the
marques, for a change. Perfect sunny, cool weather all weekend was a
pleasure.

Despite 160 cars in attendance on Monday, there were no traffic jams on the
track. I think everyone that has been running with us the past 5 years has
finally come up the "point-by" learning curve. Although less and less of my
car is 35 years old, I remain impressed that it holds its own along side
modern super cars. Two of us turned several clean, hot laps and finally
passed a Ferrari 355 factory challenge car. Good fun at an affordable
price.

In addition to having a blast, we raised $9200 of charity for the family of
a 14 year old NJ boy that has brain cancer and undergoing chemotherapy.
He's an aquaintance of the participating Viper club. Michael and his family
were in attendance all weekend courtesy of the managing clubs. He received
several rides at the track. I can't really convey properly what it was like
at the awards banquet as we collected donations and Michael addressed us all
with thanks.

We'll be posting pictures this weekend at www.jerseypanteras.com

Additional message to follow...