[DeTomaso] Super-fantastic Gr4 conversion coming up for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 22:39:10 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Joe Lobue in Sacramento owns what is, in my opinion, one of the very nicest
Gr4 conversions I've ever seen.   The paint and bodywork is simply phenomenal.
 The interior is fairly ordinary; i.e. stock, with red cloth inserts in the
seats being the only substantive modification (i.e. no leather).   The car is a
1972 Pre-L and was featured in POCA Profiles in 1995.

The motor recently had some work done, to include a new cam and lifters, and
reported it runs fantastic, which is relatively new--historically this car has
been a chrome showboat, not a real performance car.   It certainly has taken
more than its share of trophies, including best De Tomaso at Concorso Italiano
circa 1997 or so.   He used to routinely take it to car shows, and would
always return with a first-place trophy.

Joe really loves the car, but unfortunately has been stricken with MS, and
simply can't drive the car anymore.   He had actually equipped the car with hand
controls and drove it like that for awhile, but now the time has come for the
car to go.   The hand control modifications were bolt-in and will be removed
prior to its sale.

Asking price is $60K, which is quite fair IMHO considering the quality and
condition of the car.   It probably has $55K worth of chrome on it! :>)

Here is a single photo of the car:

www.capitolpanteras.org/images/pantera-lobue.jpg

I will be going to check out the car and will give a full review in a week or
two.   In the meantime, let me know if you are interested....