[DeTomaso] Place to park overnight in Monterey?

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue Jul 31 18:33:18 EDT 2007

A few years ago, my girlfriend and I were driving around the Southwest
seeing the sights with no particular destination or route.  It was getting
late when we reached Cedar City, Utah.  There was some festival going on
that weekend, so we could not find a place to stay in or around town.  A
police officer heard that we were looking around town, so he tracked us down
and said that we could just sleep in the town square.  It seemed a bit odd,
but he said it was OK, so we threw down some sleeping bags on the ground and
crashed out.  We woke up the next morning surrounded by traffic on all sides
of the square and people walking around.  Very surreal.