[DeTomaso] Front suspension - Disassembly, Day 1

Forest Goodhart forestg at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 31 01:02:28 EDT 2007

Asa,
The lower ball joint is the one that takes the load. The upper one just
holds the upright vertical. I would be willing to wager that the uppers are
good. As I recall this is all due to a bad shake while driving. I have had a
bad shake a few times and in each case it was a tire out of round. Bushings
and ball joints don't typically cause shaking.
Good luck,
Forest