[DeTomaso] Overheating issue resolved

Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Mon Jul 30 08:21:56 EDT 2007

Hello,

Thanks to the many useful suggestions and the very informative articles
recommended, I believe that my overheating problem on the 73 L has been
resolved.

Changing the thermostat with the one with the correct cap resolved the
issue I believe. The few fairly short test runs (to the anger of my
neighbors that apparently do not like me treating the street as a
runway) showed good results, with the temperature not going over 200 F
at any time, even with the AC running and the car stopping and idling
after heavy acceleration.

The various readings taken with an infrared thermometer showed about 190
F engine external temperature and about 183 F radiator temperature, with
the air nicely blowing through the rad (I have both a pusher and an a
puller fan mounted offset to each other).

Now the next projects will be

- electronic ignition. Does anyone recommend a good article regarding
the conversion and where to get the parts ? Any traps to watch out for ?

- replacing the stock brakes with something better

- fuel injection

Thanks,

Konrad

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.