[DeTomaso] [resend] Shock removal

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jul 29 20:37:13 EDT 2007

You bring up a good point Mike.  While under the car doing a general
inspection, I noted my steering rack rebuild is leaking quite
profusely.  The first problem is that the passenger side boot has worn
itself a hole near the clamp.  Second problem is that the pinion seal
needs to be replaced (something Larry Stock didn't have on the truck
that weekend we rebuilt it at Roger's place).  And it looks like the
opposite cover is probably leaking too.  Argh, I guess that's what I get
for jacking the car up. :)

I made note of your comments about the steering u-joints.  They did seem
to be in good shape, but now with the car in the air I can do a proper
inspection on both the inside ones and the outside ones.  Thanks for the
tip.

Oh, and if anyone wants to contribute to my Silver State Run next year
(Sep 08), now would be a good time to do it.
:)

Asa Jay
(the more donations I get, the more committed I have to be, right?
Otherwise I'll never lose that slacker moniker)

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1973 Pantera L 5533