[DeTomaso] EFI

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 18:57:54 EDT 2007

I talked to the EFI guys at Edelbrock a while back, and it's my understanding that you send them you engine specs, and they burn a chip for the ECU.  They don't make a 351C system, so they may not do so well on the chip?  I think it's a learning ECU (the GM system maybe), so maybe over time it will adapt to your engine.

  Probably, the best approach to EFI depends on what you want from it.  Qualla's system uses an indepent runner manifold, which looks very sexy.

  I also would suggest looking into heads before spending the $s on EFI.  The SVO style aluminum high runner heads all use a different intake.  I think there is a big benefit from these (and a number of other aluminum heads), and I'd do the heads before or with a custom EFI system.

  Ken

"David F. Bakker" <dbakker at arrayasolutions.com> wrote:
  Im looking at putting an EFI system in. There seems to be no direct bolt ons for the cleveland so I was thinking of using edlebrocks windosr system with an adapter plate. Has anyone heard of doing this before? Is there a better way?

-David