[DeTomaso] [resend]  Shock removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 14:28:00 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/29/07 11 23 40, SOBill writes:

> I have played with my front suspension quite a bit. I have never come close
> to removing the OEM front shock/spring with the upright attached to the
> a-arms.
>
>  Go ahead, spoil my life, tell me that you have ACTUALLY removed the front
> OEM shock/spring with the suspension completely assembled. Go ahead ;<).

I have, a couple of times in fact.   It is NOT pleasant.

Oh, wait a minute.   I did the job with aftermarket shocks/springs which are
smaller in diameter.   Yeah, there's no way to pop the stock shocks out
without separating the lower ball joint from the A-arm--but at least your upper
A-arm/balljoint can remain attached so your alignment is unchanged.