[DeTomaso] [resend]  Shock removal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 13:31:47 EDT 2007

AJ,

No spring compressor required.   Although it is a bit of a pain trying to
fish the shock out (by itself).

If you are planning on doing balljoints now is a great time--there is a price
war going on between the vendors, as the price of balljoints has plummeted.
Last I heard, Wilkinson was selling a full set of six for $500, and then
Marino countered with $495 for all six ball joints AND new tie rod ends....

Although it's possible your 'shaking' in the steering might be caused there,
I would be suspicious of something associated with the work you've just done,
i.e. perhaps the U-joint is loose, or falling apart?   My shaking was being
aggravated by several sources (including warped discs), but ultimately it was
caused by the fact that one of the steering U-joints was both loose, and
worn-out.