[DeTomaso] Motorheads delight

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jul 27 14:49:38 EDT 2007

Many years ago, I attended a club meeting of these guys, where many model
engines were on display. And I'm not talking about .049 single cylinder toy
airplane motors; these guys have running replicas of flathead Fords, smallblock
Chevys and even a SOHC V-12 Ferrari with scale-model Webers mounted, all in about
1/8-scale. Several make their own scale model electronic ignitions and spark
plugs, and the little engines make a fine sound when revved up on their scale
engine stands. Kits and parts are available in both cast iron and aluminum
blocks & heads at most CA swap meets & on-line.

Message follows:
<There's a new model engine show in N California, and it's happening this
Sunday (July

29) in Vallejo. It's been tough getting a show established in California, and
this year the Bay Area Engine Modelers
[http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jqwwzccab.0.jedzzccab.mabeqpbab.737&ts=S0267&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baemclub.com%2F], with
sponsorship by Model Engine Builder magazine
[http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jqwwzccab.0.ledzzccab.mabeqpbab.737&ts=S0267&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modelenginebuilder.com%2F]
and

[http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jqwwzccab.0.ledzzccab.mabeqpbab.737&ts=S0267&p=http%3
A%2F%2Fwww.modelenginebuilder.com%2F], have taken on the challenge.>