[DeTomaso] PIM

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 13:33:36 EDT 2007

Yes, I've heard stories about almost every one of our vendors, both good and bad. And unfortunately, I was not helped by Dave or Linda on that trip. I have since met Dave at Concorso and he truly is a great guy who's genuinely enthusiastic about our cars. I'm sure my experience would have been different had I been dealing with Dave.

  I'm only suggesting that anyone visiting PIM be explicitly clear about what they expect to accomplish when they are there and insist on it when you get there. I would not be satisfied to travel across the state (or the country) to see a car and only being allowed to look at it in a crowded showroom when I got there. I would expect all of my travel expenses to be reimbursed, and I still would not be satisfied because I would rather have bought a "new" Pantera.

gow2 at rc-tech.net wrote:
  I just had a good sale with PIM. I bought a radiator, fans and other
items. BUT.....I had not called them first. I called another company, I
would wrather not say who, which has a web site for parts. I looked
through the parts and photos and decided what I wanted. I called the order
number and the girl said, well they are in the other building, let me take
your name and number. No one called. I called again in the afternoon. Same
thing. No one ever called back.

The following morning I placed a call to PIM and ordered about $1000 in
parts.

I can't imagine a company that would post an order number, not have anyone
who can take your order, and never call you back!

Gary
1905
1280