[DeTomaso] Don't need no stinkin Fans, Shrouds, Special Water, Additives or fuses.....was; Re: radiator

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 20:39:17 EDT 2007

I have a Ron Davis cup radiator in my Pantera and the only way it was going to fit in the Pantera was to lay it down. I have a Russ Fulps Race Engines prepared 381ci Cleveland stroker with 450rwhp.

  I don't need any cooling fans, no special water or expensive additives...just water!

  Thats right NO FANS period.......street or race and/or 75-100F ambiant temps..... Its not to say I don't have a back-up sucker fan because I do but I just have not needed to use it in 2 years since Drenske installed it.

   Sometimes you get what you pay for. In my case the cost was $100 bucks (Thanks Ken!) for the rad and another 4-6 hours of Drenske's labor to make it fit but for the first time in 20+ years and 5 radiators later I NEVER have to worry about cooling fans or overheating! ;-]>

  Brass or aluminum consider having the radiator pressure tested 'before" you install it. You can see the Ron Davis rad on my web site. I am NOT suggesting anyone needs a Ron Davis rad for their street driven Pantera but I am saying it works beautifully without the added coolant fans, shrouds, etc.  Operating temps usually are at 180-190F on the street but no more then 210F in race conditions and/or high heat....have checked temps with two water gauges and a thermal gun.

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  TeamPantera Racing
  www.teampanteraracing.com

"www.ProvaMo.com" <pantera007 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Remember a "lay down" radiator only differs by a few inches. But those few
inches help access a bit for hands and
sucker fans and shroud.

Chuck

Also, don't waste your time laying your radiator forward, unless you like
adding non-functional hood scoops and the like to your car. It does nothing
to aid cooling. If anything, it reduces the efficiency of the radiator, but
a laydown leaky aluminum radiator does look cool when coupled with twin
sucker fans. Flamesuit on, for those who don't think it looks cool ;^D

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:55 PM