[DeTomaso] Fw: Bad head gasket question ?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 15:37:06 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/24/07 9:30:09 AM, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:

<< I just did an engine overhaul and had problems with a bubble in the heads,
this will overheat and not circulate the coolant to the rad.  Also when the
cap was off it did not want to circulate either so the cap could be the
culprit.  >>

Oooops- as you know, Panteras are extremely resistent to bleeding ALL the air
out of the cooling system. Air trapped in the engine WILL cause loss of water
circulation and  thus overheating & other not-good things, so you might not
have any mechanical problems at all.
Follow the time-tested method of jacking the right rear side as far off the
ground as you are comfortable with- 18-24" up is not out of the ordinary. Then
follow the air-bleed methods on Mike Daily's web site. It may take several
tries to get a big air bubble out after working on an engine. One time I did
such, bled all the air out and left for 'Vegas 2 days later- a 550-mile one-way
trip. After arriving & cooling down, I bled more air out..... Good luck- J DeRyke
the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>