[DeTomaso] Handbrake lever modification

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 14:05:18 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Got this from Colin Bradshaw in the UK...

Photos posted at http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/ColinHandbrakeMod.pdf

Thanks Colin!

Mike

====

Mike,
 I was in correspondence with Charlie McCall a few weeks ago about handbrakes
an sent him this photo showing how I had modified mine to ensure the ratchet
always engaged correctly and held fast. Seeing the DT list today I note
someone else may be in a similar situation but didn't know how to post photos for
all to see. Can I ask that you can forward on directly if you feel it
beneficial.

 Colin

 ----- Original Message ----- From: Colin Bradshaw

Charlie,
 Managed to take these photos today. You can see how I have attached a
tension spring across the stock of the handbrake at one end and to the ratchet pawl
at the other end. Just drilled two small holes in the parts and screwed in two
little self tapping screws to provide the fixing locations. The handbrake is
always positive now and the ratchet/pawl locate firmly. Feels right!
 Colin