[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 36, Issue 25- BFG R-1'S

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 13:19:07 EDT 2007

Dawg,
I was wondering if the questioning of the safety
of Dot road race tires from the ORR personnel is
mostly because of the type of tire or because of a known
problem they have had.  Example of Jason Hoosiers
questioning vs my Kumos... if the tire is not treaded
but Dot they seem to look at them more.  Are they
more concerned with they type of tires or just some
past history of a particlular brand.
Maybe you could ask in September if the new R1's
with no history are a concern.  My Kumos are now
almost a year old so time to change as the rubber
is getting hard.... which for racing does not work

Bob Benson

Bob