[DeTomaso] Bad head gasket question ?

hoppe1 at cox.net hoppe1 at cox.net
Tue Jul 24 16:19:46 EDT 2007

When you replace the thermostat you should look inside the hole where the thermostat sits and see something that looks like a brass washer.  The cleveland thermostat needs that washer in the engine.  My car did not have one for years after the previous owner built engine.  While the engine is vated the brass is disolved.  When I bought the car I chased a cooling problem for a long time before I realized this.    It is hard to get your head in to look down but it can be done.  Rich