[DeTomaso] License Plate Refurbish

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Tue Jul 24 14:08:41 EDT 2007

In WA, they send you a new plate every seven years, whether you need
it or not.  And they charge you for the privilege.  And they change it
ever so slightly that they -know- if you're running an oder plate.

But then again. . .

I've observed a late model Porsche (sp), with the front plate
-painted- on.  I called my buddy in the police department to find out
if it was legal.  "Well," he said "not technically, but I'd hate to be
the officer that pulled him over."  He indicated it might be arguable
in court that as long as it reflected the proper license, they may not
be able to do much about it.

But that stinkin' replacement plate every seven years is about to piss me off.

Asa Jay