[DeTomaso] Fw: Bad head gasket question ?

Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com Konrad.Szwab at AlconLabs.com
Tue Jul 24 12:21:00 EDT 2007

I am going to get an infrared thermometer and start taking readings of
the engine outside temp and the radiator.

What PSI should the fill tank cap be ?

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com]
On Behalf Of Will Demelo
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:03 AM
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Fw: Bad head gasket question ?

Your rad is not cooling the fluid enough. I think it's running too hot
at
230f with a 160 stat. The rad should be extremely hot to the touch. At
least
230 degrees if your gauge is reading 230.
I would also check that swirl tank cap again. The pressure is is
exceeding
the cap rating and allowing steam? out. There shouldn't be air or steam
in
the system.
Will