[DeTomaso] Fuel Gage Reading

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 23:24:03 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/22/07 7:46:15 PM, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I'll pop the side window off and pull the fuel pickup and sender in a
> couple
> of days and take a look, but I thought I'd ask.

Are you sure you installed it in exactly the same orientation?   The float
has to pass through a slot in an internal anti-slosh barrier in the tank.
Could it be that it is rotated in such a manner than it isn't free to move?

You can pull the sender out, hook the wires to it (perhaps with jumpers) and
then run it through its arc with the key on, and verify if the gauge works
when the float moves up and down.