[DeTomaso] Seat Questions...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 01:38:47 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/21/07 10:14:52 PM, cdifani at pacbell.net writes:

> First of all, does anyone have a recommendation (good or bad) for an
> upholstery shop in the Sacramento area? And failing Sacramento, I'll go out to
> Northern California, including the San Francisco Bay area? I'm thinking about
> having my seats "remodeled"... or at least looking into the possibilities....
> and the costs...
>
>>>There's a shop right near my house that does great work.   But you should
be able to find something much closer to you, quite easily.

You might want to talk with Dave Henry of Henry's Street Rods, the premier
street rod shop in Sacramento, and find out who his upholstery guy is.

> >Second, I seem to recollect that somebody had (has) a set of BMW Recaro
> seats in their Pantera.... If I'm not having a delusional moment, can that
> "somebody" give me their thoughts, opinions, etc., on the seats.
>
>>>Paul Rimov (among others) has BMW 325 Recaros in his car, and I can report
that they are absolutely fantastic for people who are sized/shaped like we
are.   However, for somebody of your Sasquatchian proportions, they would
probably be a rather tight squeeze.

They are a little bit less aggressive than the seats in my car.   Recall that
you found my seats completely unmanagable.   His would be only slightly less
tolorable, I'm afraid....

I think your plan to have custom seat cushions made for your stock bases is
probably your best bet, at least for now....