[DeTomaso] Fuel pump inlet/outlet

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 01:32:36 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/21/07 7:04:11 PM, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> I'm wondering if I may have the fuel lines swapped on the stock fuel pump.
> >From which of the two nozzles should the line to the carb be routed?
>

>>>Either the one that says "OUT", or the one that does not say "IN". :>)

I just did the fuel pump replacement boogie for the third time, second time
in just the past few months.   Each fuel pump was different, but each one was
marked on ONE of the nozzles, or had different fittings to make it a
no-brainer.   The Holley had an arrow pointing out, the Mr. Gasket had the word "IN",
and both the Ford and the AC Delco had a nipple for rubber fuel hose on one
side, and a threaded fitting for a hard line to the carb on the other.

In all cases, the outlet side was the side closest to the rear of the car;
the inlet was closest to the firewall.   Depending upon your fuel pump, your
situation might be different, but my four-for-four experience would lead me to
believe that this seems to be standardized....

Mikie