[DeTomaso] NPC cross-ram manifold engine in "Transformers" Camero

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 13:05:29 EDT 2007

We took my wife's grand daughter to see Transformers last night.  Early in the movie they open the hood on the rusty old Camaro rat rod the kid star is driving, and there is the really beautiful motor, and a quick glimpse of what I think were 4 Webers on a cross ram manifold, very nice.  The girl he's after starts describing the engine as having a double pumper etc. and she explains the her dad was a mechanic and she knows all about engines.

  Did anyone spot the cross-ram or am I just hallucinating?  If I saw it correctly, I wonder what moron wrote the script?  It appeared that someone went to a lot of trouble to build that beautiful engine, and they couldn't even describe it right.

  Ken