[DeTomaso] Old-school valve cover breathers wanted

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 17:06:10 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

Many of you have modified your engines and installed shiny, ginchy chrome
valve covers with similarly spiffy breather caps.

I have krinkle-black "DeTomaso" valve covers, but have always had an affinity
for the original, stock oil filler cap and PCV cap.

I have an original oil filler cap, but the PCV cover went AWOL somewhere
along the way.   For years I've just had a rubber PCV gasket crammed in the hole,
but that finally fell apart.   As an interim step I bought a $7 replacement
breather cap from NAPA, which is functional but not overly pretty.

I would imagine that there are dozens of the original cap sets cluttering up
garages across the country.   If you have a set of these puppies and would be
interested in selling them to me, please let me know!

Mike (at home on Day Three of the world's longest and most painful Pantera
intake manifold install/fuel pump replacement project, one characterized by
EVERYTHING going wrong, not fitting, requiring modification, or the purchase of
additional parts which are temporarily out-of-stock, and etc. and so forth....)