[DeTomaso] Shipping Companies

Jim Ferrara tgr289 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 22:41:40 EDT 2007

Car finally arrived; it was picked up last Sunday in Santa Ana - arrived in
Philadelphia this morning (Thursday). Price was $1,300 via enclosed trailer
w/lift gate. No surprises, car delivered in perfect condition right to my
door. FYI, the broker's name was WorryFree Transport and the transporter was
Exotic Carriers out of Newark, NJ (in case anyone is interested).

Now that I have the car, I first put it up on a lift and was relieved to
find no signs of rust or damage (altho' the 351 appears to be one massive
oil leak!). One curious item is some superficial damage to the LH rear inner
fender suspension support and a second cross brace has been installed over
the ZF between the rearmost upper wishbone bushings. Maybe a U-joint came
apart, who knows? Not rusty, just mangled up a bit.

Something I'm in immediate need for are OEM shoulder harnesses. I've got the
lap belts, but the shoulder belts are missing. Are they hard to find? Also,
the driver belt retraction mechanism doesn't work - I'll look into that this
weekend; hopefully no big deal.

Also, someone installed urethane bushings and the squeal like stuck pigs.
I've got to deal with that too (later).

I guess these are just nits, but everything else seems to work just fine.
I'm sure I'll come up with more questions, but for now I just am enjoying
driving it.

Glad to finally be on board...

- Jim