[DeTomaso] ZF gearbox extra cooling for Candy 2862

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Jul 18 12:07:38 EDT 2007

Dear Patrick,

I do recall that in an old article by Hugh Kleinpeter, who raced a Pantera in IMSA, in an early 1980s issue of Pantera International ZF cooling was discussed.

Hugh found a number of deficiencies in the Pantera while flogging it and engineered a number of fixes. The article is an extremely interesting read if you're not familiar with it.

Hugh fabricated an oil pump to run off of the right half shaft axle via a belt to circulate the transaxle oil. I can't remember exactly where it was circulated to. Apparently, it did solve his problem and was considered by Hugh to be an effective "fix".

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles