[DeTomaso] NPC: Cruise Control in the Rain issue

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 20:49:28 EDT 2007

Cruise Control? What the hell is that? I can't remember ever driving in Seattle when it wasn't raining! ;-]>

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing

Mike Thomas <mbefthomas at comcast.net> wrote:
  I just had an email from my insurance agent passing along the tale about how
you should not drive with cruise control in the rain as during hydroplaning,
it will cause the car to accelerate and "take off like an airplane".

I know this string ran through the forum a while back, but I'd like to reply
to him with some current responses. Is there any truth to this? It seems
to me that if your tires are loosing traction during hydroplaning, how can
your car go any faster than it already is.

Thanks
Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest