[DeTomaso] NPC: Cruise Control in the Rain issue

BobFluty at aol.com BobFluty at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 20:36:00 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/17/2007 5:29:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

Is there  any truth to this?  It seems
to me that if your tires are loosing  traction during hydroplaning, how can
your car go any faster than it  already is.

I've seen similar blurbs warning folks not to drive with the cruise control
on in the rain, which is something I never do, but never thought too much  it.
 It rains so seldom here in SoCal that people drive extra weird and I'm  just
more comfortable with my foot on the gas, rather than using the  control.  I
just ran the topic through snopes.com and it seems to be a  valid
recommendation.  Have a read at:
_http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/wetroad.asp_
(http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/wetroad.asp)

Your mileage may vary,