[DeTomaso] 2nd gear

MyCars MyCars at Comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 20:47:30 EDT 2007

Chris,
   I recently had my ZF fixed. The problem mine had was the 2nd/3rd
detent ball was not installed in my ZF! A way to determine this is to
keep the clutch depressed and slide the shifter into the various gears.
You should feel a click (or pop) into place for each gear. On mine, this
click/pop would not occur for both 2nd & 3rd, it would simply slide
freely all the way up & all the way down.
   This may not be your problem, but it's worth investigating.

Later
Roydon }8~)>