[DeTomaso] Nut Inserts for Air dam install

John Maffeo johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 19:58:10 EDT 2007

That sounds like fun.....

  I have also seen rubber (neoprene) ones that have a threaded insert. That sounds like it might not spin???

  thanx,

  John

SOBill at aol.com wrote:
      John,

  IMHO, the problem you might have is the fitting you show spinning. Here's the sequence:
  1) You tighten the fitting, it compresses.
  2) You cinch it down tight. It starts to spin.
  3) You try to loosen the bolt. It continues to spin.
  4) You curse, and curse, and you curse some more ..... you kick your dog.

  In my experience, nut inserts are very sensitive to the size of hole, the thickness of the material, the type of material, the installation tool, and the phases of the moon.

  Have fun,

  SOBill Taylor
sobill at aol.com