[DeTomaso] 2nd gear

BillsStore at aol.com BillsStore at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 11:07:54 EDT 2007

Chris
If your car is jumping out of gear when you let off on the gas, that syncro
could be bad.  Bad syncros were my problem with my fords and chevys. I could
hold it in gear but could feel the pressure of it wanting to jump out of second.
Sure hope it is not your problem. On my Pantera, I had a problem of
scratching going into second.  That turned out to be a shift linkage problem in that it
was off one spline on the transmission.  Thanks to the club for fixing it for
me after 15 years of not upshifting into 2nd.

Bill