[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Sun Jul 15 16:41:02 EDT 2007

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Thomas Tornblom [mailto:Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se]
Sendt: 15. juli 2007 16:31
Til: Dagny Kristine Bakken
Kopi: detomaso at realbig.com; 'David Portal'
Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Dagny Kristine Bakken skrev:
> Motorsports test of a GT5S in November 85,say the car was
> a"cleveland"powered car,while Performance Cars had a test in May
> 87,of a GT5s saying that "until recently the cleveland was the engine
> for the pantera,but the factory now have switched to the windsor
> engine.I dont know any thing on the GT5 and GT5S,that could not be
> adopted to the narrowbodied version,and if done properly,it will be
> hard to see that it was orginal a narrowbody.I guess your best chance
> to get a original GT5,is like Mike Drew say,to control the VIN so that
> youre quite sure its from the right period,and then check its VIN up
> against the registry to see if it says something about the car.Im not sure
if the narrowbody got the same "huge"
> brakes as the widebodies,if it didnt i guess if you find these brakes
> on the car it will likely bee a widebody,as they are quite costly to
> buy and my guess is that one wanting to convert rather choose one of
> the aftermarket brake systems.:)
> Øyvind

All late cars had the fat brakes.

Thomas

Well David,it seems like the only way to get sure about its GT5
orginality,will be to see the orginal documentation from when it was new,or
buy a car with a known history as a GT5.Out of quriosity,why do you want to
know if its a factory GT5 ?

Øyvind