[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Sun Jul 15 09:38:35 EDT 2007

Motorsports test of a GT5S in November 85,say the car was
a"cleveland"powered car,while Performance Cars had a test in May  87,of a
GT5s saying that "until recently the cleveland was the engine for the
pantera,but the factory now have switched to the windsor engine.I dont know
any thing on the GT5 and GT5S,that could not be adopted to the narrowbodied
version,and if done properly,it will be hard to see that it was orginal a
narrowbody.I guess your best chance to get a original GT5,is like Mike Drew
say,to control the VIN so that youre quite sure its from the right
period,and then check its VIN up against the registry to see if it says
something about the car.Im not sure if the narrowbody got the same "huge"
brakes as the widebodies,if it didnt i guess if you find these brakes on the
car it will likely bee a widebody,as they are quite costly to buy and my
guess is that one wanting to convert rather choose one of the aftermarket
brake systems.:)

Øyvind Baken