[DeTomaso] Fuel Tank Modification for larger siphon tube

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 01:17:33 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/14/07 1:58:27 PM, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:

> Does anyone out there have pictures or comments on how to install a larger
> siphon tube on the gas tank?  Is this possible in the car?

The later cars had the fuel pickup integral with the sender; the early cars
used a stand-alone fuel pickup pipe which is the 'problem'.   The simple
solution, if you have an early car, is to buy a new fuel sender (a bit expensive, I
admit), and then connect both fuel pickups with a T into a larger-diameter
fuel hose.