[DeTomaso] Lean condition and O2 sensors(was fuel pump)

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sat Jul 14 18:02:52 EDT 2007

This is a handheld unit I use:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_317630_-1

I have used it on several cars and even the tractor. Easy to use. The
biggest thing it does is when you see an engine go lean or fat you see
it and go "Oh, that's what it's doing". Awesome tool. It comes with a
couple bungs which are not hard to weld in. You are looking at optimum
performance at 12.5:1 and optimum cruise at 14.7:1. This is not exact
for all engines but close. If your cruising down the road, you target
about 14.7:1. If your under heavy power it should be 12.5: or richer.
Perhaps even slightly richer for full power as you do not want a lean
condition at all under full power. 11.1:1 is too rich and will fowl
plugs among other things.

One of the best uses is adjusting the bleeds and feeds for transitioning
and acceleration.

Once you used it you won't give it up!

Gary