[DeTomaso] TORQUE SPECS REQUESTED

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 23:59:49 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/13/07 11:49:19 AM, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> I've been trying to block that era of my Pantera ownership out of my mind,
> because it wasn't a particularly happy time but I think I remember the
> following.
>
> The failure did occur on a flatbed, but I'm not sure that the flatbed was
> the cause - it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was with you, and I remember it well.   Your car was visibly collapsing
while we were driving it around together (or more accuractly, the alignment was
becoming visibly worse on one side and we couldn't figure out why, although we
really didn't investigate it very thoroughly), and you were in head-scratching
mode.   After you dropped me at the airport in Italy, you headed for home and
didn't make it, when it finally fell apart altogether and you couldn't ignore
it any more. :<(

The failure was gradual, and resulted in the car being loaded on a truck, not
the other way around.