[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump Question

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Fri Jul 13 21:52:26 EDT 2007

     Thank you Doug and Jack for the explanation. I think I got the going
lean part.  Hypothetical situation,  I have my car on a chassis dyno running
wide open for a few seconds.  Fuel pressure does not drop.  That would not
necessarily mean that I'm not at risk of going lean,  would  it?  If I am
using fuel faster than the system is providing it,  could my gauge still be
showing full pressure until the bowl actually empties?  I'm a little
concerned about getting a false sense of security by watching the gauge for
the brief time the car is wide open on the dyno.

Art