[DeTomaso] Fuel Pumps

charles buthala charlesbuthala at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 15:48:12 EDT 2007

RobbMc had two versions one that works with up to 550 HP and one for 1100HP.  I got the smaller one at $160.  this should solve the low pressure/volume problem.  If your engine is over 450 then the stock pump probably will not work, that pump is 80GPM.
  Thanks for all your help, on to the next problem.

Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote:
    I think he wants a replacement mechancial pump.  I thought some found 1 recently in the $200 to $300 range that was high capacity?

  Here's one for $60:

  http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=549&part=ALL40263

  wonder what this is?

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HI-PERF-MECHANCAL-FUEL-PUMP-FORD-351C_W0QQitemZ150118066039

  A little scary.  While they may gladly replace a defective pump, the holes in your pistons are your problem.

  Ken

Michael Shortt <michaelsavga at gmail.com> wrote:
  Good Gracious, testy when we are stumped aren't we.

YES they do.

Here are several.
http://www.holley.com/types/Electric%20Pumps%20-%20Carbureted.asp

Michael in Savannah