[DeTomaso] Fuel Pumps

www.ProvaMo.com pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 11 14:21:18 EDT 2007

Yes - big difference.  Jack DeRyke may chime in.

The stock pipe (from the tank) on up and out is small.  Too small for anything
over 500HP, in my opinion.

Replacing this with a larger pipe (or two in parallel???) is necessary.

The alternative is to replace the drain plug with a tap.  Jack "hates" this
method, due to the risk of a leak/fire from impacts
with road contact or debris.

An actual need of 110 GPH?  Are you running EFI with a closed-loop fuel supply?
(Which needs the most, as it returns much/some)

If the ORR "boys" run 90+ miles (at 180 MPH) and consume at most 25 gallons (2-3
MPG) that is roughly 1/2 gal per minute,
or 30 Gallons per hour, that is the much less than 110 GPH.

Chuck
(Back-of-the-envelop)