[DeTomaso] Mangusta Article

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:17:50 EDT 2007

Last night I read a the best article about a Mangusta I've found. Granted,
there are/were few magazines with ANY Mangusta stories, but this one is
great.  Very nice photography too.
Interestingly, it's in the Sep. 2007 issue of CORVETTE MAGAZINE!  The story
concerns the
special order by a GM exec of a small block Chevy powered Mangusta.  We've
all heard that story,
but this give's us some great details about it's history.  One photo of the
engine compartment with the distributor right there in clear view and easy
reach made me smile.  The car is still around in great condition.  There is
also an article about the very beginning of the Cobra Corvette wars.
Check it out.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa