[DeTomaso] Just whe I thought it was safe to gobackinthe water...

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Tue Jul 10 17:30:55 EDT 2007

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] På
vegne av Tomas Gunnarsson
Sendt: 10. juli 2007 22:04
Til: detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: Re: [DeTomaso] Just whe I thought it was safe to gobackinthe water...

Øyvind,

That was the original claim but it was later said not to be the actual case,
at least not from the factory. Now we're debating the general practice of
paralleling fuses. :-)

With that said I'd like to add that on my car I found that removing all
fuses still left some systems powered. When I removed the fuse box I found
an automatic fuse wired in parallel with one of the "normal" fuses which
provided power at all times. Just when you thought you'd seen everything...
:-|

Tomas

Ha-ha,yes if the autofuse is not from the factory,it could have been added
to bypass a problem in the system,instead of solving it,as i have seen that
done before.Before our cars,it was not uncommon to skip fuses and trust in a
bimetal spring in the switch or motor to cut the power when it got hot from
overloading,making contact again when cooled down.Having its good side when
you got a overload in the headlights in the dark, allowing the lights to
flash instead of in good speed with your car,been thrown into total darkness
8[
Happily the cars now have split headlightcirquits,so that if one side fails
and blow the fuse,you still have one headlamp left  :)

Øyvind