[DeTomaso] Fw: GTS Wheels

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Jul 9 05:06:48 EDT 2007

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
> In a message dated 7/8/07 18 20 5, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:
>

>> Speaking of GTS flares. What determined whether the flares were molded or
>> riveted on?
>>

> The flares were always riveted on, with both the GTS and GT/4.   The GT5 had
> molded-in flares.

No, the GT5 flares are also riveted on, at least on my car. The rivets
are visible from the wheel well, but not from the outside though.

There's also a strip of what appears to be some rubbery glue between the
fender and flare.

I have seen GT5 conversions that have the flares molded on though.

> Pantera vendors have reproduced the factory parts in steel, and of course the
> cars built with those flares have them welded on.   And when people privately
> convert a car using fiberglass, often they mold them in with bondo.
>
> Mike

Thomas