[DeTomaso] Just whe I thought it was safe to go back in the water...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 04:23:24 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/7/07 21 33 53, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> However, why would both fuses be blown (which is what I found)?  Shouldn't
> it only have blown the fuse to which the piggy-backed fans were connected?
> This makes me think maybe the other fuse was already blown and I didn't know
> it, and that's why I had an overheating problem.
>

>>>Coould be, although presumably you would have *looked* before buying a
third fan. :>)

If you look at the wiring diagrams, and/or inspect the back of the fusebox, I
believe that you will see that fuses 11 and 12 (where fan power comes from)
are actually connected together for some strange reason.   So, the two fuses
share the load between all the components which are on what you would think are
separate circuits.   (Bill Taylor, please confirm or deny).

Presuming this is indeed the case, then by dramatically overloading the
circuit, you could have blown both fuses at the same time.

Yes?   No?   Maybe?