[DeTomaso] Just whe I thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jul 8 00:33:17 EDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestions; here are a few more facts:

The fans all spin freely.

I have two relays, brand new, from Dakota Digital utilizing their digital
temperature on/off circuit connected to a sensor I purchased from DD which
is located on the block.

I'm sure when I piggy-backed the third fan on one of the other fans it was
too much for the fuse on that circuit.

However, why would both fuses be blown (which is what I found)?  Shouldn't
it only have blown the fuse to which the piggy-backed fans were connected?
This makes me think maybe the other fuse was already blown and I didn't know
it, and that's why I had an overheating problem.

When I hook up one of the fans through the relay, I can feel the fuse
getting hot, although the fan appears to be running fine.  This pattern is
the same for each of the three fans, actually.

Should I start using 40 amp fuses for the fans?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Chris