[DeTomaso] Stainless trim needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jul 7 20:05:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/7/07 8 21 1, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> Bring those stainless trim pieces back to the states.? Hemmings has any
> number of shops that can take old, funky stainless and hammer, beat, smooth,
> polish it back to good as new.? Stainless is very forgiving in this manner -
> just need to find a skilled metal worker.
>
>>>Ah, but grasshopper, you forget that the best metal worker in the world
can't get a piece of metal to conform to the shape of something he can't see!!!
 The pieces would have to be massaged to fit the doors.   And these pieces
are really beyond hope, I think.

> >And if you still need the rear glass come next PCNC meeting, I'll trade you
> my already removed glass for my GRP 4 lights you still have. ;-)? I think
> just about any old-school auto glass shop can make a duplicate out of safety
> glass without too much trouble; I had such a project done years ago here in
> Fresno.? Should you consider making both sides so there is no issue of
> mis-matching?
>
>>>Thanks--it's possible that some of the vendors might have access to used
original, or new glass, but if that doesn't pan out, I'll be looking at getting
a reproduction made.   No need to make two of them, since you can only see
one side of the car at a time.   If they do their job right, the only difference
will be the lack of Italian markings on the new piece.