[DeTomaso] Heater Hose Connection Question

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Thu Jul 5 06:50:44 EDT 2007

 John,

That is the wrong way to do it. The difference in pressure will then force the heater valve open. The correct direction of flow is from the block, into the core, out of the heater valve, to the water pump. This will force the valve shut in the off position. After finding this out and connecting the hoses accordingly I haven't had to use my shut off valves to prevent unwanted heating. I can assure you that with a working heater valve there is no noticeable heat transfer along the heater hoses.

Tomas